Re: Spitfire Reaction plate to gearbox

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Reaction plate to gearbox
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:03:44 -0400 ()
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Brad Kahler wrote:

> For [Spitfire] gearbox mount hardware they list part # 134959, reaction
> plate for gearbox.  This is somewhat of an L shaped bracket with 3
> holes, one in each corner.  Along with this they list a tie rod and
> rubber attachments.  From the pictures it appears to be a stabilizer
> rod that runs from the transmission to some other part of the car...

I can't say as I remember seeing these on Spitfires, but I have seen them
on some Herald 1200s. I think the bracket mounts on the rear of the
gearbox case, and the "tie rod" runs from there to perhaps the frame mount
for the gearbox. If I get the chance to eyeball one of my Heralds, I'll
let you know more.

--Andy