Re: TR6 Rear Hub Studs

To: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Hub Studs
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 10:03:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott:

You won't really be able to drive the stud in with a hammer or other
tool.  Drawing them in is best method - for the sake of the stud, too.
Just insert the stud through back of hub with splines lined up, then
place a couple of thick washers on the stud, followed by a bolt, and
slowly tighten down the bolt, thereby drawing the stud into place in the
hub.  You'll probably need to do this with a breaker bar or long handled
ratchet, since they draw in fairly hard.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire