Spitfire Reaction plate to gearbox

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Reaction plate to gearbox
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:37:28 -0600
Listers,

I was looking through the spitfire Mk1/2 parts cataloge and notice
something I haven't seen before.

For the gearbox mount hardware they list part # 134959, reaction
plate for gearbox.  This is somewhat of an L shaped bracket with 3
holes, one in each corner.  Along with this they list a tie rod and
rubber attachments.  From the pictures it appears to be a stabilizer
rod that runs from the transmission to some other part of the car but
there isn't enough detail to show where.  Now obviously my spitfire
doesn't have this feature.  Do any of you have something like this on
your cars?  If so where and how does it connect?

TIA

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)