Re: Embarrassed to show driver<199805012055.PAA16666@dfw-ix2.ix.netcom.c

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Embarrassed to show driver<199805012055.PAA16666@dfw-ix2.ix.netcom.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 09:36:41 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Dennis Culligan <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
[snip]
>> to pay the $5-$10 and support the club or organization that's sponsoring
>the
>> show.  It's sad...

>More likely, it is the mentality that has already been expressed in this
>thread. Some people are ashamed and/or embarrassed to park their drivers
>next to the ever increasing group of over restored cars that are appearing
>at shows today, especially the National Convention concours.

>Irv Korey
>74 TR6 CF22767U
>Highland Park, IL

>don't need no steenkin' trophies

I agree with the above, in my opinion(for what it's worth) I think that
concours events have to some extent ruined the classic car scene, ie, you
rarely see a true classic except in the summer, and then alot of the time it is
either on a trailer or being driven sedately to a show somewhere for it to sit
all day in a field, usually surrounded by sheep shit!!  I usually park my
wreck, disappear briefly and re-appear a bit later to listen to the comments
made about it!!! It's quite funny at times.  As for trophies, OK, so I've won a
few, but they were for the worst of show, so they don't count! :-)

Me, I'd rather see a car being used for it's intended purpose, rather than
sitting around 360 days a year in a garage where you can't see it.

Cheers

Rich