oil pressure switch - followup

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil pressure switch - followup
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:36:15 -0600
Thanks to those who replied to answer my questions on how to test a
malfunctioning oil pressure light. (light would come on prior to initial
engine startup, but would not come on prior to subsequent engine startup
- almost as if there was "residual" pressure in the switch which
prevented the ani-runon solenoid from opening up).

Turns out my problem was composed of two things:
1. Bad connection between the switch and the solenoid. I cleaned up the
contacts and now I always have continuity between these two things.

2. Faulty oil pressure switch. I had replaced this last summer yet the
problem persisted. Well after confirming my solenoid works and cleaning
up the contacts, I tried my old switch. Presto! I now get the click of
the solenoid a few seconds after engine shutdown confirming the
acknowledgement of oil pressure falling below the threshold of the
switch.

Oil light now works as it should. Thanks again to the list!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada