Windscreen seal, TR6

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Windscreen seal, TR6
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 09:37:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "`Gernot" == Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk> writes:

    `Gernot> Talking of windscreens, I ordered a new seal and
    `Gernot> upon fitment I discovered that it was not wide
    `Gernot> enough to cover the lower corners of the frame. I
    `Gernot> am at the moment not in a mood of taking the
    `Gernot> screen out again. Can anyone please tell me if
    `Gernot> there were different frame assemblys, seals or
    `Gernot> did they just send me the wrong seal? The seal
    `Gernot> came from Rimmer bros. and the car in question is
    `Gernot> a 74 6. CF chassis. no.

I had the same problem with one for my TR-4 that I bought from
TRF.  I complained, but was told that it must be a mechanical or
installation problem, as all the seals were the same.  I threw
some silicone in there and figured I'd wait until I re-painted
her to fight the battle again.  YMMV.

                                                        -MM