Re: Mystery Springs on Transmission

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mystery Springs on Transmission
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 20:09:29 -0400
Scott,

Here is what I see in the Bentley manual.  Page 188 exploded view of the
gearbox, key number 138 in the list is called "Springs".  On the drawing
they look more like three pins, not springs so they must about the size of
ball point pen springs.  The key number only points to one, but there
appears to be three arranged in a triangle below the input shaft.  Looks
like there may be a whole in the case in the center of the triangle.  I can
find no mention of this in the text.  I didn't read every word, but I
looked in the area where they may be mentioned.  If I see anything else I
will send a message.

Hope this helps, keep me posted, I have to do this some day.

Sam