Mystery Springs on Transmission

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mystery Springs on Transmission
From: SCB963 <SCB963@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 18:13:04 EDT
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Listers -

Anybody our there have a Bentley manual covering the GT6 mk. III?

I noticed a Tech Tip in the Rimmer Bros. GT6 catalog (pg. 15) regarding
refitting the bellhousing to the gearbox.  It states that there are tension
springs which must be inserted in the front lower section of the gearbox case.
Having recently done this and not having any memory of said springs, I checked
all of my available manuals and only ONE of them shows the springs in the
exploded view and none of them mention reinserting the springs.  Bentley
Publishing hasn't sent my manual to me yet, so I can't check that one.

Would someone mind checking their copy of Bentley to see what it says about
the mystery springs?  Any other ideas of whether the springs are supposed to
be there and what they might be there to do?

TIA

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
scb963@aol.com