RE: Spitfire Fuel Flow Rate

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, "'Edward Hamilton'" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Fuel Flow Rate
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 19:20:24 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Mark Milotay'" <otmc@bc1.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe,

The Spitfire 1500 competition manual does say the 3.5 - 5 PSI, but they also
are talking about quite a few modifications to the ZS carb in conjunction
with this. Plugging holes with epoxy, using modified float spindles,
replacing ZS needle with SU needle, thinning of throttle shaft, and a bunch
of other stuff I understand even less than what I just quoted. I would not
assume that the pressure should be increase in the absence of all the other
modifications they propose.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (with very happy carbs recently rebuilt by my friendly
neighborhood LBC mechanic - best $60 I ever spent!)
62 TR3B (years away from even needing carbs)