Re; Missing TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re; Missing TR6
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 10:21:32 -0700
Cc: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Jonathan wrote.
<Dear lister's
I recently rebuilt my engine and carbs. I have chaged the rotor,
cap, wires, plugs, points, condenser. My TR6 is still missing. The car
goes 99% perfect when cold but the hotter it became, the worst the
missing goes. When it become verry hot I have even difficulty going up
in my driveway to the garage. The car is undrivable. What could it be?
The coil, temperature compensator....? help me im lost.
Jonathan Beaudoin
>76 TR6
----
        Suggest you look for a vacuum leak. The choke properly compensates for a
lean mixture but as the car warms and the choke shuts off the mixture is
too lean as a result of a vacuum leak and you get a miss.
Hope this helps.  Cheers  Peter
Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com