Re: Embarrassed to show drivers?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Embarrassed to show drivers?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 09:23:52 -0700
When looking for an enjoyable car two years ago, I chose Triumph because
of the cars are fun and most owners have their cars to enjoy, not to win
a prize at a car show.

Since I got my car, I've been working to make it better, concentrating
on driveabilty and reliability, not paying much attention to cosmetics.
In fact, the first judge to look at my car during Triumphest 97 simply
said "oh my" upon seeing my engine compartment.  What they couldn't see
was the rebuilt suspension or that my fuel efficiency had doubled over
the previous 6 months.

I finished in the lower half of the judging, but expected that.  I
actually got more points than expected.  My point:  I had a great time
out there with other Triumph owners and got to enjoy my Triumph.  The
judging was just one part of the event.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6