RE: GT6: hatch interior corrosion?

To: "'msecres@ibm.net'" <msecres@ibm.net>
Subject: RE: GT6: hatch interior corrosion?
From: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:24:20 +0100
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
The front roof is a box section and condensation plays havoc here in the
UK!  Thats why you can buy repair panels for it.  You can always spot it
bey the presence of rust bubbles on the outside - but then its too late!
I've just had mine repaired and the guy advised on this approach to
avoid future damage.

IMHO Waxoyl - or any other rust inhibitor, is only any good under high
pressure and when its quite warm - best on a hot day.  If you havn't got
a compressor and gun etc then you may have to drill from the bottom of
the hatch to be sure of proper coverage.

Just had a thought, couldn't you get through via the bolt holes on the
hatch?  I can't remember...

Ian Southwell, Coventry
GT6 Mk3 x 2