Re: GT6: hatch interior corrosion?

To: Ian Southwell <IanSouthwell@ApexSystems.COM>
Subject: Re: GT6: hatch interior corrosion?
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 07:02:32 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ian Southwell wrote:

> Yes, its also a good idea to do this in the front roof section.  You
> have to disturb the headlining but its a very common rust trap.
>
> How about removing the tail-gate and drilling the holes at the top, then
> they won't be so visible?
>
> Ian Southwell, Coventry
> GT6 Mk3 x 2

Ian ... I'm curious how rust develops inside the roof, but I'll take
your word on it.  So far, no sign of it there.

I'm pretty sure the problem is worst in the bottom of the hatch, where
the water collected, and I'll need to get good coverage there,
regardless of what I use, and I'm not sure this can really be done from
the top.  But I've never used Waxoyl -- does it flow well enough for me
to be able to coat the entire inside of the hatch, spraying it in from
the top?  There is one hole inside top of the hatch already ... probably
drilled by the PO?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6