Re: Auto Transmissions & Michelotti's Stuff

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Auto Transmissions & Michelotti's Stuff
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:17:41 -0000
On the subject of semi autos, there are a couple more I can think of...

Roverdrive-a system used on Rover P4 models, this was a free wheel system
operated, I think, by cable.

NSU Ro80-In Europe, this car was offered with an electric solenoid-operated
clutch. Like the Citroen DS, starting to move the gear lever disengaged the
clutch.

Re. Michelotti's stuff. According to my big book of Sporty Cars, he designed
these...
1952-55 Cunningham C3 Continental
1953-55 Farina-Bodied Ferrari 250 Europa
1950s Ferrari 340 Mexico
1962-66 Maserati Sebring
1961-67 Triumph Italia
1962-67 Triumph Spitfire & Herald
1970-80 Spitfire 4 & 1500
1984-89 Reliant Scimitar SS1

Sadly, Michelotti died before this last car was finished and the production
styling was completed by Ed Osmond at Reliant.

The dates are only approximate.

Dave Hill