Re: Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids

To: dhoward@jht.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids
From: ABunch726 <ABunch726@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:16:23 EST

<<

 Sounds like the cure for global warming to me.  For the brake part of
 the email, my 88 Corvette mechanically clamps the rotors on the rear
 axle using a cable from a handle much like the ones in our beloved TR's,
 to lever the caliper into the rotor, no internally expanding drum brakes
 here.

 Cheers, Don J. Howard

That is why I said 65-87 Vettes use the drum inside the rotor type of parking
brake.  In 88 they switched to the spinning piston inside the caliper.

Thanks,

Aaron
91 MR2