Re: TR6 fuel injection

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel injection
From: MMDBR <MMDBR@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:06:55 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
It so happens a guy in my club is an applications engineer for a company which
produces these fuel injection set-ups. The company, Fuel Management Systems,
Inc., has a web site at http://www.fms-oem.com. It is located in Mundelein, IL
(north of Chicago), phone# 847-566-8820. Another guy in the club with a TR6
with a worked over engine is pleased with the performance and reliability of
the set-up.

The SU's on my `4 seem to be working fine with the right amount of light brown
spark plug deposit, so I'm apt to leave well enough alone. For those who know
about these things, here are the features, as copied from an article in the
club newsletter:
- Digital microprocessor with EPROM and EEPROM
- Peak/Hold injector control
- Laptop programmability
- Internal manifold pressure/borometric pressure input
- Air temperature correction
- Engine temperature compensation
- Lambda feedback compensation (Isn't this some kind of sexy dance?)

Anyway, no financial interest, no first hand experience.

Mike Blonder
Elmhurst, IL
Illinois Sports Owners Association