Triumphs Only

To: rlmcneit@cpis.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumphs Only
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 00:19:39 -0500
     Hi Bob,
     This is a strange coincidence. I live across the continent but had to
     go to San Francisco this week, so I made arrangements with Triumphs
     Only to pick up some parts, today. Although he normally doesn't open
     Saturdays, he agreed to be there at a specified time and was. He
     ordered in parts for me, and was totally friendly and fair. He advised
     me not to buy ribbed heater hose from him as regular auto parts store
     stuff will work, and reminded me that I could claim back the sales tax
     once I get home. He gave me a 13% discount from Moss prices (which was
     where he'd ordered in the parts from); that would have been 15% if I'd
     used cash. (I was satisified with this pricing as I will be carrying
     the parts home and thus don't have to pay shipping or duty.)
     While I was there another customer happened by and he offered that
     fellow the opportunity to look all around in the back while he was
     waiting for me, and as he has a significant warehouse of used parts,
     that's a pleasant way to spend that time. That guy was buying a used
     transmission with o/d, and when he questioned how to wire the three
     new switches on the top cover, the owner not only offered to draw him
     diagrams but to give him a used wiring harness "if he had one around"
     (don't know if he did; I left by then).

     This is the second time I have dealt with him; the first time I had an
     equally successful transaction. I did indeed notice a need to
     communicate "extra-clearly", but that happens so much nowadays that it
     didn't strike me as unusual, and once I made my needs exceptionally
     clear, all was well. (Side note: I am particularly bothered with
     people's seeming inability to pay attention to what I say or write, so
     I really notice when it happens.) I certainly would have been upset if
     I had arrived and the parts were used when I expected new, or if he
     hadn't been there, or if was obnoxious, but none of this happened to
     me, so I will go back there. I had an altogether enjoyable experience.

     It seems the one difference between your dealing with him and mine was
     that I was there live while you dealt with him remote. Perhaps others
     could respond who've dealt with him in person.

     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     (normally from) Ottawa, Ontario