Re: Modern radio for TR4

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Modern radio for TR4
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:42:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis,
I was faceing the same thing on a VW earlier.  The only difference was
that the VW needs a 6v. not positive ground.  However, I found that the
same result was obvious for both.  I was unable to find anything except
12v. negative ground systems being namufactured today.  However, there
may be some obscure company manufacturing "Retro" units for those.  But
if so, I'd bet thay are far from "cheap".  I would suggest converting
over to negative ground as has been done on my son's '66 Spit.  It makes
it much easier to find all kinds of modern car electronics that snap
right in.

THe process is rather easy to do and not very expensive.

Just my 2 pfennig worth.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing