Re: TR4A Hardtop

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A Hardtop
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:35:44 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Brad Kahler wrote:

> I was looking around the VTR website a little while ago and ran
> across the "Triumph Sports Owners Association" page.  One of them has
> a photo of a TR4 fiberglass hardtop sold by STANDARD.  I was under
> the impression that only the Surrey top was available for the TR4.
> Does anyone have any more info on this top?  Are the more common than
> the surry top.  Or is it something that was a flop.

Strictly a guess, Brad, but I suspect that this was a hardtop sourced in
the United States by Standard-Triumph USA (considering that these
newsletters came from the US branch of TSOA). It is an interesting
hardtop, though, unlike most aftermarket hardtops I've seen over the years
for the TR4 -- almost "predicts" the style of the later factory TR6
hardtop!

--Andy