Re: GT-250?

To: Nick <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: GT-250?
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:13:04 -0800
Cc: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>, msecres@ibm.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nick wrote:

> > Doesn't fit that well (see messages to Martin), and there's another
> > problem with Webers--they don't fit. Front carb binds the bonnet. I hear
> > someone made or still makes a manifold which drops the front carb, but
> > I've never seen it.

> Fellow Modifiers...
>
> I'll second Michael's previous posting as correct, but the part about the
> Webers and manifolds is not quite right.

Well, close enough to deter the occasional unprepared but excitable
individual. <g> As I say, never seen `em, and after the price for the
manifolding that McAleer mentioned, along with a set of new 40DCOEs and
linkage, I could buy a _couple_ of GT6s at the prices I pay for `em. <g>

> center, right where you'll always see it. This will also happen if you try
> to use the late TR6 strombergs and manifold. Yes, the LATE TR6 manifold
> will bolt onto the GT6 head (don't ask me, blame Triumph), but you simply
> can
> not gain enough clearance.

Yeah, we went through that one, didn't we? <g> Probably the only way to
get the 175s to fit is to do what the PO did to mine--cut the flanges
off a GT6 manifold and relocate TR6 175 flanges on the GT6 manifold and
weld it back up. A bit inelegant for my taste, but, hey, it's just the
daily driver.

Cheers, Nick.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....