leaking Tr-6 diff

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: leaking Tr-6 diff
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:30:54 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8884705801ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:31:55 -0800 (PST)
Don't remember seeing my post, so I am trying again...

I have a leaking pinion seal on my TR-6 differential.  I am looking for a
'modern' seal to replace the leather OEM style seal.  I remember a few years
ago a discussion on this group about someone having found a correct seal (or
possibly 2 thin seals).  Anyone have any ideas on this?  If not, anyone happen
to have a Tr-6 diff laying about and would be willing to measure the diameter
of the pinion shaft and case.

We no longer have a bearing (and seal) supply house in town anymore (closest is
90 miles away) and would like to obtain replacements before I drop the diff.
This is my daily driver you know!

Thanks for the help.

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6 - daily driver!