Complete paint job--how to?

To: motrsprt@micron.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Complete paint job--how to?
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:54:30 -0500
     Kris,
     I have been pondering the same thing. A local body guy/restorer
     advised me to separate the body and frame, do all the frame stuff, put
     the body back on, then paint the body. At this point you can mask the
     frame and he says with the right equipment there's very little
     overspray and it isn't a problem.
     He uses Correless followed by epoxy paint on the frame. I think I'm
     going to go this route, but of course the idea is the same if you're
     powder coating. So far, anyway, my thinking is to just cart the frame
     to him for sandblasting, Correless, and paint, then bring it home and
     put the body tub on. At this point I'll take the works back including
     the various detachable fenders etc. for body paint, and home for final
     assembly.
     I'm sure others will have some thoughts or tips on this as many on the
     list have been through it already. (It can be really helpful to know
     what NOT to do!)
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     60 TR3 TS81417

     From: Kris & Daralie Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>

     Instead, I'm going to have it powder coated.  Now, how is
     the best way to accomplish this?  The motor is out and rebuilt and
     ready to fire.  Should I separate the frame from the body first and
     have it painted, only to separate the frame later to powder coat it?
     Or, vice versa?  Or, should I do it all at the same time?

     Thanks

     Kris Kane