Dual carbs found on Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dual carbs found on Spitfire
From: DTait44495 <DTait44495@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:35:06 EST
    I could use a hand..... I took the day off from work and visited a local
junk yard, I came across a mark IV or 1500 I could not really tell, I could
not get to the commision plate.  But I did get the engine # FM970UF thats the
best I could make out. The car had a generator and dual SU carbs, I was able
to get the/a # off a tag on the float bowl It is AUD285R. Can any body tell me
what engine it is and are these carbs SU4 or what?.
     I would appreciate any info that could be passed along. Thanking all in
advance..

                                                Dave Tait....78
Spitfire....FM76339U