Complete paint job--how to?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Complete paint job--how to?
From: Kris & Daralie Kane <motrsprt@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:10:48 -0800
I am currently trying to decide which is the best way to have Spitty painted.
I have a 1979
Spitfire 1500 that is currently yellow.  The color will be changed to Ferrari
red, but I don't want
the frame painted.  Instead, I'm going to have it powder coated.  Now, how is
the best way to
accomplish this?  The motor is out and rebuilt and ready to fire.  Should I
separate the frame
from the body first and have it painted, only to separate the frame later to
powder coat it?  Or,
vice versa?  Or, should I do it all at the same time?  The paint shop claimed
it would be more
expensive to do it with the separation, as this would limit their 'production
line' process of
painting.  I'm not looking for a show car finish (funds are limited), but
something durable and
near perfect!  If anyone has done this before, tell me what you did and what
you'd do different.
Thanks

Kris Kane
IDAHO MOTORSPORTS