MIG Welding question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MIG Welding question
From: "Alan Storey" <astorey@magni.berry.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:58:04 EST
Dear List,

My friend and I recently bought a Lincoln Electric welder (the Model
100), and we are busy learning how to make decent welds.  So
far we have been using the flux core wire for practice welds on
fairly heavy gauge metal.

We have the MIG welding kit which we plan to install soon so that we
can practice MIG welding on some sheet metal scraps.  My question
is what gauge sheet metal is typically found on Triumphs?  Does
anyone with this type welder have any suggestions as to the welder
settings we should try with sheet metal?  Thanks in advance for any
advice you can offer.

Alan