HELP RE: TR7!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HELP RE: TR7!
From: Starr61871@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:43:46 EST
I have recently acquired an "80 TR7 by surprise and am now all excited about
restoring it.  The only problem i have no idea where to start!  We recently
put the transmission back in it (it was being rebuilt when i "received" the
car so we did not take it out, but had to put it in!) and the car is up and
running.  I have 3 questions for now:
1.  The gears (5sp) are really tight and hard to shift, esp 2 and 4.  is this
a characteristic of the car, the newness of the transmission, or a mistake on
our part?
2.  How many bolts holds up the rear of the transmission?   we think we got it
wrong!
3.  What is a good manual for this car?  We have a Haynes and do not like it.
Any suggestions?
anythng else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.  I am new to the
world ot LBC's so have a lot to learn!
Starr
1980 white TR7 convertible, rough but working