RE: Wheel Color for 76 TR6

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Wheel Color for 76 TR6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:02:45 -0700
Robert,

Here is a message I saved from a while ago. Hopefully Bob Lang does not
mind me posting it here now...

A couple of other sources of paint info are:

        http://www.team.net/sol/tech/paintcod.html
        http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-guide-tr6.html

The first site lists the specs on the wheel paint. (Since my wheels
don't need paint I don't know if the codes are correct). Also, Eastwood
has a paint they list as the correct silver for wheels on British cars.
Don't have the catalog on me so I can't give any more details.

Good luck,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada

Now here is Bob's message (from 96-08-08):

Valve Cover     silver (Ford Argent or Duplicolor T129)
Engine Block    gloss black
Intake manifold silver (I used aluminum high temp paint)
Air Cleaner     silver (see valve-cover)
Brake Booster   semi-gloss black
Body number plate       there are two, one is body colored, the other is

                        unpainted aluminium
Radiator        semi-gloss or flat black (real thin coat!!!)
Radiator stays  gloss black
Frame (everywhere)      gloss black
Wiper Motor     grey Hammerite!!!
Oil Filter Cover        lightish blue with AC brand sticker

Note: contrary to common opinion, the original wheel paint is not
silver!
It is a couple of shades darker than argent. It is not grey, per se, but

it is not silver. If anyone needs to see the original color, talk to me,

I have an original spare on an unpainted original rim. The spare is a
Goodyear G800 red-line, not that optional Michelin stuff!

rml
-------
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Why I have 3.5 today.
-------