PB Blaster

To: triumph72@juno.com
Subject: PB Blaster
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:40:02 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Steve:

I think I started the thread on PB Blaster, so glad I contributed
something of value.

Regarding your question, I just recently purchased one of the new Vice
Grip units that has the "nut/bolt-shaped" head for locking around the
nut or bolt.  On the three "mother of all frozen bolts" I have worked on
so far, it was great!  After soaking with PB for about 48 hours, I
locked the tool on the head and began tapping rather hard with a rubber
mallet.  Out came the bolts.

Good luck!

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire

Steve Wilson wrote:

  Just used this stuff (PB Blaster from Pep Boys) to penetrate some very

  rusted and locked up nuts and bolts on TR250 I've been working on.  I
  heard of it here on the list and highly  recommend it to the list.
It's
  all they say it is and more!  It certainly penetrated where no fluid
had
  gone for a very long time; only  water  had been  there to cause the
rust
  in the first place!  IT WORKED!!  But.....always a caveat....I did
happen
  to round off more than a few bolt heads that were too rusty to get a
good
  socket on.  So, the question at hand:  What's the best way to get the
  rounded bolts out??  The bolts I'm working on here are the ones
attaching
  the body tub to the frame.   I was thinking of getting that magic
socket
  thing with all the roller bearings that is advertised to grip anything

  and/or drill the dogbert out of the head & bolt; I don't have to save
the
  bolt.  Suggestions appreciated.
  I've said it before and I'll say it again "Thanks for all your help"
in
  the past and in the future.  Even though it's only  voiced  a bit, be
  certain  you know that your anwers are sincerely appreciated!!  Later,

  Steve Wilson

  Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]