Re: What color to paint my Spit??? PLEASE VOTE!!

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "suchak@mediaone.net" <suchak@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: What color to paint my Spit??? PLEASE VOTE!!
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:26 -0800

     John wrote:
I'm at the point where I *have* to choose what color to paint my project
Spitfire.  I'm paralysed by the weight and magnitude of the decision,
and would appreciate the opinion of the community on this one. It's got
a black top and interior, and modular rims with gold centers.. Here are
the choices:

1) Fire engine red.  Yeah, I know, EVERYBODY paints 'em red, but it does
look good.

2) Metallic medium blue, as found on Chrysler Neons and mid-80's IROC
Camaros.  The car my rims came off was blue and it looked good with the
gold centers on the rims.

3) Audi Crystal Silver metallic.

4) Metallic forest green.

5) Something COMPLETELY different, Candy Plum perhaps, or one of those
bowling-ball emulsion jobs preferred by certain inner-city youths?!?
     =====================

     John - I saw your web site with the photos of the old RED Spit with
     the gold center rims and it looked real nice.  BUT, given my choice I
     would go with BRG as I am sure it would look nice with the gold rims.
     OTOH, (1) my 64 Spit is bright red and always draws a crowd and (2) it
     is your car - paint it any color you want and list opinions be damned
     including my own!  :^) (chuckle)

     Seriously, my vote is the green, but I suspect I will be out voted.
     Good luck on the paint job whatever color you choose.......

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe