RE: TR3 scuttle vent drain tube

To: "'drew@pixar.com'" <drew@pixar.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR3 scuttle vent drain tube
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:00:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I thought it connected to the top of the tranny cover.  Didn't like the
idea of it raining on the tranny so I directed it along the side of the
tranny cover and out a hole in the footwell on the driver's side.
Although I ended up using a battery box insert, I put a y connector in
the long drain tube and connect the battery box drain tube to it also.
My plan was to make a hole on the passenger side at the firewall but
never got around to it.    My reasoning was to get it all the way out of
the car.  Did the same for the tubes from the trunk area.  Added about a
15" piece so that the end of the tube is right at the bottom edge of the
rear wings.

Understand that this is not a concours resto;  so if that is your
intention you may want to do more research...  Since I am now working
toward that goal on #2, let me know what you find out.

Later,
Carl F. Musson
TS25264L - borrowing the engine/tranny from
TS81802LO - body off restoration in progress...
Tampa, Florida (USA)
E-Mail: Musson@arts.usf.edu
http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/ (update in progress)