Re: TR6 Originality

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Originality
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:57:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Kent Howard <khoward313@aol.com>
Martin Libhart wrote:

> As I reviewed Piggot's Original TR book, I noticed
> that all cars pictured had amber sidemarker lenses.  My
> car, however, has red.  (The turn signal portion is amber,
> but the side lens is red.)

> Were the amber lenses on the UK cars only, and red
> installed on US market cars?

Yes.  There are a myriad of other differences between the
UK-spec and US-spec cars, which makes it important to
have resource material from the appropriate market car
when restoring a Triumph.

I seem to recall one of the VTR chapters (VTOW?) recently
running an article listing some of these differences for
one or two models of Triumphs.  If anybody has this article
electronically, I'd be glad to put it on the VTR WWW pages.

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com