brake bleeding

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brake bleeding
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:13:05 -0500
The brakes were a little spongy on my 72 GT6 and I thought I should bleed
them just in case... I went through the procedure, master cylinder always
full, two man bleed, open, push, close, release.  Since I had replaced the
fluid in the master cylinder reservoir with nice clean castrol dot 4 (the
same stuff that was in the system, just a lot older) I continued to bleed
until the clean stuff came through.  All was well for a while, then I
started getting almost as much air as fluid and now I am unable to bleed
the front (either side) and have only rear brakes.

I am not sure how this takes place, but it must be the master cylinder.
Any ideas?

BTW, I did not touch the rear.  I was doing the front to also correct the
DPWA shuttle.  The PO had managed to get it on the rear side and I wanted
to see if it would move.  It did and it centered correctly.  Of course now
the front looks failed and it is on the front side, but I can fix that when
I figure out what is going on.

Sam