Re: Tach Question

To: jaltman@altlaw.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tach Question
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:24:08 EST
In a message dated 98-02-20 18:35:55 EST, jaltman@altlaw.com writes:

> Lets try this again.  Would one of you 6 drivers please note your tach
>  reading at 60 MPH and let me know what it is?  Please.  No OD.

Jim,

Maybe this will help -- the owners manual gives 20.7 mph for each 1000 rpm (I
think that is the right number. I will check when I get home and let you know
for sure).  In the meantime, use the formula:

mph/1000rpm = (2.975 X tire diameter)/(Rear end ratio)

The 2.975 is what you get after you factor in all the conversions -- inches to
feet, feet to miles, seconds to minutes, minutes to hours, etc, and includes
Pi.

Dan masters,
Atlanta, GA (for another day or two)