Re: carb. cleaner

To: "fred thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: carb. cleaner
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:21:43 -0800
Cc: <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Fred, What's worse than your hurting hands (and I believe it) is that the
solvents involved here are designed to...what else?...penetrate. Meaning
that significant amounts of the solvent got through your skin into your
bloodstream, damaging cells all the way and eventually to your liver which
does its best to neutralize the junk and damages itself in the process. It
also has an equally harmful effect on nerve cells and with repeated
exposure, whether through skin, inhalation or ingestion, causes permanent
central nervous system damage. Warnings should have been evident on the
label. Precautions including protective gloves (ones that are resistant to
solvents) are absolutely necessary to protect yourself as well as really
good ventilation of your work area.

Last but not least I once again caution on how to dispose of the used
materials. What they will do to you they will do to any living organism.
Please don't just pour them onto the ground or into storm or sanitary
drains. Check with your local Health Department, they can steer you towards
safe and LEGAL disposal options. Protect your health when working with
chemicals it's just as important as making sure your vehicle is supported
on jack stands when you're underneath it.