Re: carb. cleaner

To: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Subject: Re: carb. cleaner
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:55:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dean C. Paige wrote:

> Fred, What's worse than your hurting hands (and I believe it) is that the
> solvents involved here are designed to...what else?...penetrate. Meaning
> that significant amounts of the solvent got through your skin into your
> bloodstream, damaging cells all the way and eventually to your liver which
> does its best to neutralize the junk and damages itself in the process. It
> also has an equally harmful effect on nerve cells and with repeated
> exposure, whether through skin, inhalation or ingestion, causes permanent
> central nervous system damage. Warnings should have been evident on the
> label. Precautions including protective gloves (ones that are resistant to
> solvents) are absolutely necessary to protect yourself as well as really
> good ventilation of your work area.
>
> Last but not least I once again caution on how to dispose of the used
> materials. What they will do to you they will do to any living organism.
> Please don't just pour them onto the ground or into storm or sanitary
> drains. Check with your local Health Department, they can steer you towards
> safe and LEGAL disposal options. Protect your health when working with
> chemicals it's just as important as making sure your vehicle is supported
> on jack stands when you're underneath it.
>
> ----------
> > From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
> > To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> > Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
> > Subject: carb. cleaner
> > Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 4:07 PM
> >
> > there was some talk of carb cleaners here recently, just like to put this
>
> > forward, stopped at Wal-Mart last night and found Castrol "Super
> > Cleaner", 1 Gal. @ 4.97, can't remember the last time my cuticles & nails
>
> > were so clean, never knew how clean the second layer of skin was to look,
>
> > cleans out ALL cuts, removes any sores you may have had, this stuff is
> > strong when you do not dilute it. No one told me to wear gloves, vafred
> > the cleanest hands in town (they hurt like H @#%$).

Dean, Budweiser got my liver many years ago, Lucky Strikes took my lungs,
Old Age has my nervous system, riding with top top down on my T/R 3-A
screwed my skin-up, and now my hands belong to Castrol "Super-Clean", my
wife called and said good news and bad news, O/K good news=hit the
Lottery= O/K bad news pack your cloths, O/K warm weather or cold weather
= I don't care be out of there when I get there !!   "FT"