Driveshafts and hubs

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Driveshafts and hubs
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:28:15 -0500
     John,
     Do you know if it was the same for TR3s?
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     jwallace@canada.hp.com

     Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:34:52 -0000
     From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
     Subject: Driveshafts and hubs - Herald/Spitfire and GT6/Vitesse Mk I
     2.0 litre

     Hi, guys
     I was delving through my earlier copies of your ramblings today when I
     tumbled across some threads about what sort of lubricant to use in
     rear hubs. Whatever Mr Haynes or Mr. Bentley (whoever he may be) have
     to say on the matter, the lubricant for the rear wheel bearings on
     these cars is 90W axle oil. If they were supposed to be greased, we'd
     have put a grease nipple on that housing when it was being made. When
     your cars left Coventry, they all had either a 3/8" or possibly a
     5/16" bolt acting as a plug.