Spit Freeze Plugs, Remove Engine?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit Freeze Plugs, Remove Engine?
From: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:28:25 -0700
I have a 1968 Spitfire Mk 3.  The rear freeze plug on the right side is
weeping.  It does so especially after shutdown, Probably due to the
increased pressure at that time.

Since this is a daily driver, is it possible to replace the freeze plugs
without taking the engine out? If so, what is a overview of the procedure?
(I have many manuals at home, but I just want to see what I am getting
into).

You can see pictures of the car on my web page below.
Please CC a direct message to me as I am on Digest Mode.

-Kirk Crawford
mailto:kirk.crawford@beachnet.com
http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/ (updated 2/18/98)