Driveshafts and Hubs

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Driveshafts and Hubs
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:52:37 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Art,
This is priceless! It's getting better by the minute - and I'm not
surprised you queried what I said. Now I've just picked up your reply, it's
all been a blinding flash of the obvious and I'm going to the doctor
tomorrow to ask for an immediate change of the wretched pills he's pumping
in. You know what it is? Not only are we on opposing sides of the big
puddle, we're also at opposing ends of the ruddy car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely, old chap - you go ahead and pump your handle squirting grease
at anyone who wants it. I was talking about the REAR wheel carriers which
provide the tractive effort and which I call HUBS. I can confirm that the
Standard Triumph Factory Service Manual, the publications of His Worshipful
Grace Obadiah Bentley (and yours truly) are all singing from the same hymn
sheet. So for future reference, let's agree that you can safely put grease
in your steering rack, as long as you put oil in my rear hubs. Cheers
John Macartney