Re: TR6 Steering Rack Grease Fitting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering Rack Grease Fitting
From: William Smith <wlsmith@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:21:11 -0500
I am an original owner of a '72 TR6.  When I got the car I went out to a
regular auto parts store and bought a package of standard S.A.E. grease
fittings which had a variety of sizes included.  Sure enough, one of
them fit perfectly.  BTW, I think the orignal factory repair manual
states the size to use (unfortunately it is at home & I am in the office
so I can't look it up now.

Also, BTW, I have been using grease in the rack since new and have not
had a problem yet.  I also have been using grease in the trunnions.

Bill Smith