RE: tr6 steering rack (follow-up)

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: tr6 steering rack (follow-up)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:37:58 -0700
I managed to locate a grease fitting which is the same thread as the
plug. I went to a local nut & bolt supplier and they measured the thread
on the plug and determined it is 1/8" NPT (pipe thread). I haven't had a
chance yet to try to fit the grease fitting in my steering rack, but the
thread of the fitting appears to be the same as the thread of the plug,
at least to the naked eye.

The reason why I am posting this is that the Six Tech manual advises to
drill and tap the "big" steering rack plug for a 1/8" NPT grease
fitting. Perhaps this advice is for earlier TR6s cause my 76 seems to
have this hole (and plug) from the factory.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada