Re: 2000s

To: Bob Hutton <bobhutton@VUT.edu.AU>
Subject: Re: 2000s
From: Chris Rodgers <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:22:23 +1300
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob!

Are you sure the knocking is not coming from a loose exhaust mount...my
rear one (or lack of) knocks when the car idles lumpily (not wanting to
stuff up your excuse or anything).  I cannot see why the converter would
only knock at idle, and at no other speeds, when the converter is under
real load.

The OD conversion is a bi*ch, to be blunt.  Remember the flywheel.  The
clutch master.  The clutch itself.  The different exhaust frontpipe
(that one you can get around).  The speedo cable.  The conversion is far
easier given 4 days or so and removing the entire engine and box, out
the top.  Saves so much shagging round.

(Did it last august in my TC)

It is worth it, but be well prepared, for grease, sore muscles and
frustration!

Regards,

Chris

(PS - I got an 'S' towards the end of last year...I swapped it for a
water pump I had lying around....)