Anti-sieze on brake fittings

To: WBabbitt@AOL.com
Subject: Anti-sieze on brake fittings
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:16:20 -0800 (PST)
Cc: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 WBabbitt@aol.com wrote:

> When the TR3A brake lines go together, they are definitely getting anti-seize.
> Another interesting observation is that the bleeder screws from a 1989
> Plymouth Voyager fits the TR4A calipers and rear slave cylinders.

A word of caution:  I was advised against using Nevr-Seez (the
aluminum-based stuff) on my brake line fittings.  It is rumored to react
with brake fluid and cause corrosion.

However I think it should be fine if you use DOT5... (here we go again..)

Can anyone else support or rebuke this?  I put some heavy grease over the
fittings after they were tight, but maybe that's not a good idea either.

It also helps if you bleed your brakes once in a while (ie every 2
years)-- when the screws haven't been touched in 30 years they tend to get
stuck.

It's also a good idea to visually check them now and again and make sure
the little rubber dust boot hasn't come off the bleeders.

-Malcolm