Commission plate location

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Commission plate location
From: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:59:52 -0500
Greetings again!

My 1972 TR6's commission plate is riveted on the B post, on the drivers's
side as I've seen on plenty of cars. And on the inner fender, there is an
emission decal. Where I get confused is when I look at different parts
catalog and they list the decal for 75's and up. And on certain pictures, I
see commission plate on the inner fender, where the decal is. (There are
two holes under the decal). The 73 (stunning!) in Bill Piggott's book has
the same holes without plate and what seems to be a decal on the other
inner fender...

Did some early TR6's have that decal? Is this a canadian thing?

(Incidently, when I took the head off, I was surprised to find an
electrical block heater where the 1 5/8 frost plug should be!)

rick
72 TR6