Disappointed? No, disgusted! (and goodbye)

To: jhardest@infinet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jguy@erinet.com
Subject: Disappointed? No, disgusted! (and goodbye)
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:34:56 EST
In a message dated 98-02-15 20:25:12 EST, jhardest@infinet.com writes:

<< Ok, I'll say it.  What a bunch of jerks. >>

So Jim, you chastise us for getting personal, and this is how you start?

<<He made a heartfelt comment.>>

He asked a stupid question, and then whined when it wasn't answered right
away.   Everyone does the first sometimes, but the second is rude, annoying
and juvenile.   He deserved everything he got.   Though it may not be
politically correct, it's entirely proper to tell a jerk that he's being a
jerk.  If more people did it, there might be fewer jerks around.
I've answered many questions on this newsgroup, almost all by direct email
unless they were truly of general interest.  I have sent people books, parts,
copies of stuff they wanted, (all without remuneration) given out my phone
number and talked with people to help them through a repair.  Over the past
year or two, as the list has gotten busier, the signal to noise ratio has
gotten so high, that it's become a waste of time.  If I want people whining at
me for not answering their stupid questions, I'll stay at work.  This is a
hobby.

<< If you can't do that, shut up.>>

And who the F*** are you to tell anyone to shut up?

<< If you people treat real humans like this I can see why club memberships
are
dwindling.>>

Well, this club's gonna dwindle by one.  Y'all can figure out the tough ones,
like which way to turn a nut to tighten it, by yourselves.  Whine at eachother
all you want, I don't care to listen anymore.  To the many knowledgeable
people who have responded to the few questions I've posted to this list, many
thanks.  I've enjoyed knowing about seventy-three percent of you.  If you
would like to reply to this post, please do so by direct email.  No one else
wants to read any more about this, and I won't see it, because I will be
unsubscribed.

Paul Vander Woude