TR250 w/ Thrust problem-now running

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR250 w/ Thrust problem-now running
From: highwaystar@juno.com (Highway Star)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:12:14 EST
Hi follks-

Amazing isn't it!?  It took over a year to get this car fixed-it's still
not 100% and boy do I have problems. The 360 Degree Thrust Washers on the
main cap and the engine is back in the car. For the short time driving
it, doesn't miss any gears and seems the thrust washers are doing their
job. Thanks to all who have provided incredible advise to this point and
it's not over yet!  To all those who have patience to indulge and answer
some more of the problems I've run into, I'd appreciate it:

1-Car was running perfect before all this idled at 800 RPM perfectly, now
it's running rough!?  Is it a carburetor adjustment problem? Bucks while
driving, and feels like it gets gas starved and jerks.

2-Body problem:  They had to take my hood off to do all this work, so
they bolted the hood back on and the gap between the fender and the hood
(which used to be constant and tight, let's say 3/16" or so from the
headlights to the valence) is now like this "^" wide gap at the headlight
area and tapers to a tight fit reaching the valence area. What the heck
happened here?  Mechanic tells me its an installation thing, they can
pull the fenders closer and then bolt the hood for the perfect gap...is
that so?

Thanks for your input-
Pouya

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]