Re: Rust elimination

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rust elimination
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:01:36 PST
Im sure your going to hear this more than once but,  my .02$.  Rust is
the reaction that occurs when ferrous materials (ie iron and steel) meet
with oxygen and moisture (water is part oxygen)  the resultant material
is ferrous oxide, or (yuck rust)  if you can prevent one of the two from
coming into contact with the other of the two then there can be no
reaction.  plain and simple.  if you remove rust from a surface, or even
if you remove 90 percent of the rust from a surface and then seal that
surface from moisture and oxygen there can be no reaction true?  i takes
2 items and if only one is present, the underlying (sneaky) rust cant
promulgate itself due to the lack of oxygen.  look at rust as a virus,
without a host and a catalyst of some sort, there can be no virus and it
dies.  so does rust.

JMHO
larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U currently several shades of overspray

50 thousand driveway miles, at least it seems that way from pushing it
around.

NOW ON THE WEB at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311 drop
a line and sign the guest book.