Re: GT6: Black Powder Valve Cover Dealer?

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: GT6: Black Powder Valve Cover Dealer?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:10:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>By "correct," I mean one that has the proper design and won't smack up
>against the bonnet when you close it ...
*********************************
Martin,
I don't think any of the "alloy" valve covers available from the "big
three" really fit the bonnet bulge area at the front of the GT6.  However,
if you grind the rib's slightly, at approximately a 15 deg angle, even with
the edge at the bulge end of the cover it will fit fine.  This is what I
have done to the black powder coated one that I purchased from VB.  Polish
the ground area and it looks quite nice.  The cover I have is truly a
beautiful piece with a nicely engineered oil filler cap.  Much nicer than
the original (I know, gasp).  I've of course, kept the original, repainted
warm silver on the off chance I need it for a show.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle)