re:undercoating

To: <kengano@advant.com>, "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Ernest Boyd" <eboyd@motion.net>
Subject: re:undercoating
From: "Dave Gauthier" <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 98 13:48:16 -0800
I've used the stuff made by the 3M corp. I've found it's what the local
Mercedes Dealership and most high end body shops use on their undercoating
applications. You can vary the texture and it's paintable.

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:<kengano@advant.com>
     Any opinions regarding undercoating?  The local parts store has two
different products (maybe more).  One suggests "rubberized" and the other
looks like it's asphalt based.  I want the best product I can put on and
(hopefully) paint over.   I have been told to find a Ford product called
"Stone Guard."  Is that my best choice?  Also, Eastwood lists a special
gun
for application of their product.  Is that type of gun necessary or can I
get by with a regular spray gun?

TIA

kengano@advant.com
TR3A TS57756