Re: undercoating

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: undercoating
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:09 -0800
Cc: "eboyd@motion.net" <eboyd@motion.net>
Ken wrote:

    Any opinions regarding undercoating?  The local parts store has two
different products (maybe more).  One suggests "rubberized" and the other
looks like it's asphalt based.  I want the best product I can put on and
(hopefully) paint over.   I have been told to find a Ford product called
"Stone Guard."  Is that my best choice?  Also, Eastwood lists a special gun
for application of their product.  Is that type of gun necessary or can I
get by with a regular spray gun?

     TIA
     Ken -

     Try "Body Shutz".  It is thinner than a lot of the other stuff out
     there and can be easily painted over with the exterior paint.  Leaves
     a nice pebble finish and looks good.  Goes on black.  Probably best
     for drier climates like the Southwest though.  I don't know how well
     it would hold up in really wet, cold climates.

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe