Re: Name that tune (rusty tappet revisited)

To: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Name that tune (rusty tappet revisited)
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:46:09 -0700
Pits on side of tappet can be looked upon as small pockets for the oil to
collect in and provide some reserve of lubrication between the lifter and
the block.  It sounds like you took off any high spots with the emery.  By
all means use it provided the face which contacts the cam is flaw free.  It
is the cam face that takes all of the punishment.
Larry (Spitman)